- Place the lentils, onion, carrot, garlic and stock into a pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Transfer to a blender with the crème
- fraîche and parsley and blend until smooth. Season and serve with a chunk of bread
- For a vegan version, simply omit the crème fraîche or add 4 tbsp soya milk instead.
- Spice it up with 1 tsp curry paste or powder or a pinch of chilli flakes.
- Freezing instructions: Freeze in portions then defrost in the fridge, or defrost in a microwave, taking care to stir regularly.