- Mix the cucumber, red onion and lemon juice together and set aside.
- Mix the horseradish, mayonnaise and yogurt in a small bowl or cup.
- Spread each slice of rye bread with 1 tsp of the horseradish dressing.
- Scatter the salad leaves over the bread, then scatter half the cucumber and onion over the salad and drizzle the rest of the sauce on top.
- Now garnish with a little smoked salmon and scatter with the remaining onion and cucumber.
- Add a few small capers, a good grind of fresh black pepper and lemon wedges to serve.
- There are a lot of different types of rye bread available, but always look for wholegrain.
- If you find the flavour a little strong, try a loaf made with sunflower or pumpkin seeds, instead.