- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Oil a large baking tray with 1 tsp rapeseed oil and place the tray in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Spread the chickpeas onto the hot baking tray and cook for 15 minutes, mixing a couple of times to make sure they cook evenly.
- Remove from the oven, place the chickpeas in a bowl and drizzle with the remaining oil. Mix well. Add the cumin and chilli powder. Mix again and tip back onto the baking tray.
- Roast for another 10-15 minutes until brown and crunchy.
- Serve immediately or enjoy cool.
- These can be made the day before and stored in an airtight container. If you’d like to serve them warm just reheat in a hot oven for 2 minutes.