- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Add the oil to a saucepan and cook the onion and leeks for 5-8 minutes. Mix in the garlic, cook together for 1 minute and remove from the heat.
- Add the spinach, ricotta cheese and nutmeg and mix well.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes in a bowl and add the oregano, tomato puree and pepper. Mix together to make the sauce.
- Stuff the spinach and ricotta mixture into the cannelloni.
- Put half the tomato sauce into an ovenproof dish. Place the stuffed cannelloni on top and add the remaining sauce. Top with Mozzarella and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cooking pasta, draining and placing it immediately in cold water, stops it from continuing to cook and makes sure it doesn’t go soggy.
- For a dairy-free/vegan alternative, use soft tofu in place of the ricotta and top with a little dairy-free or vegan alternative to cheese.