- Mix the squid and prawns with the garlic, chilli, lemon juice and zest, saving a little zest to garnish. Leave to marinate for 5 mins.
- Thread a squid ring, a prawn and another squid ring onto each skewer.
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and cook the skewers, turning once, to ensure the prawns are fully cooked.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes before threading on the seafood.
- The skewers can also be cooked under a hot grill for 4-5 minutes turning once, to ensure the prawn is fully cooked through. Put a little foil over the exposed wood on the skewers to prevent them from burning under the grill.