- In a large lightly greased ovenproof dish, layer the sliced potatoes, sliced garlic and fresh thyme.
- Mix together the olive oil and 200ml water, season and pour over the potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake at 170ºC/gas 3, for 1 hour, removing the foil halfway through cooking time.
- You could also layer with thinly sliced onions.
- For extra flavour, use stock instead of water or top with a little grated Cheddar cheese when you remove the foil.
- Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.