- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4. Place the mushroom caps (top-side down) onto a lightly-oiled baking sheet.
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then finely chop the mushroom stems and add to the pan with the spring onions and tofu.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the spinach and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, mixing regularly.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the tahini, mustard and basil.
- Mound each mushroom with the tofu mixture and bake for 15- 20 minutes. Top with chopped tomatoes and serve.
- You can use leeks in place of spring onions and parsley rather than basil.
- Spice it up with a pinch of chilli flakes or a teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- You could also stuff halved peppers in place of mushrooms
- Freezing instructions: The mushrooms are suitable for freezing once cooked. Wrap individually in greaseproof paper and without the chopped tomatoes. Defrost for 2 hours, then warm in the microwave or a moderate oven.