- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and cook for 2 minutes until it starts to brown then add the garlic and cook a further 1-2 minutes.
- Add all the other ingredients and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Blend to a smooth consistency and serve.
- To make the sauce thicker for a pizza, just simmer gently for an extra 5-10 minutes stirring regularly to cook off more of the liquid.
- To get more veggies into fussy kids, add a finely chopped red pepper with the onions.
- Turn into a Putanesca sauce by adding a good pinch of chilli flakes, black olives and a few capers.
- Freeze in plastic cups then wrap in freezer bags once frozen.