- Ideal served with leafy green vegetables and baked sweet potatoes.
- This works well with pork, beef or lamb mince.
- For a vegan version use a vegan alternative in place of mince and a vegetable stock cube.
- To make a low-fat pie, put the mince in a pie dish and top with 4 sheets of filo pastry lightly brushed with 2 tsp rapeseed oil and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat thoroughly until piping hot throughout.
We use these symbols throughout our recipes to make it easier to choose recipes to suit you. However, this information should not replace specific advice from your healthcare professional.
Nutritional information explained
The carb values of these meals relate to the total amount of carbs from all ingredients. If you are carb counting, you may not need to include them all in calculating your insulin dose. Speak to your healthcare team if you're unsure.
Traffic light symbols / colours
- Red = high
- Amber = medium
- Green = low
Traffic lights for these recipes are determined by the whole portion size. Comparison of the traffic lights for different recipes should be based on 100g of each portion.