- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onions and carrots and cook 4-5 minutes until the onions start to brown.
- Add the turkey mince, mushrooms and celery. Cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up any clumps of mince with a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle over the flour and mix well so that everything is coated. Gradually pour in the stock stirring continuously until it starts to thicken.
- Add the pepper and soy sauce, stir and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer gently for 3-4 minutes.
- Ideal served with leafy green vegetables and baked sweet potatoes.
- This works well with pork, beef or lamb mince.
- For a vegan version use a vegetarian alternative in place of mince and a vegetable stock cube.
- To make a low-fat pie, put the mince in a pie dish and top with 4 sheets of filo pastry lightly brushed with 2 tsp rapeseed oil and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat thoroughly until piping hot throughout.