- Preheat the oven to 180°C /gas mark 4. Add oil to pan, then add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until starting to brown.
- Add the turkey and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Next add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for a further 4-5 minutes again stirring regularly.
- Mix in the thyme, mustard and flour, ensuring that everything is coated and there are no lumps of flour.
- Gradually stir in the stock, bring to a boil, then turn the heat down. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the turkey mixture in an oven proof dish, then spray the filo sheets with oil and place one on top of the turkey, folding it roughly. Add another sheet and spray with oil, then add the final sheet, creating folds across the top. Spray lightly with oil and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- You could use chicken or pork for this dish.
- Try other herbs such as basil, oregano or parsley in place of thyme.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Then defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping-hot throughout. Although it will still taste great, the pastry won’t be as crisp once frozen and reheated.