- Soak the wooden skewers in water while preparing the koftas.
- Mix all the kofta ingredients together, divide the mixture into 6, and roll into sausage shapes. Thread on skewers and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Grill for 10-12 minutes turning regularly, check they are cooked through.
- Mix all the salad ingredients together, divide between 6 plates, then top each with a kofta.
- As well as soaking before use, cover the bamboo skewers with foil to stop them burning under the grill.
- Any lean mince could be used for the koftas - beef, lamb or pork all work well.
- Great wrapped in a roti with salad and some mango chutney.
- Freezing instructions: Freeze koftas individually, wrapped in greaseproof paper. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and grill until piping hot.