- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, usually around 2-4 minutes. Drain in a colander, rinse in cold water to stop them cooking and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion and red pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, garlic and chilli flakes, if using, and stir for another minute.
- Add the baby corn, spring onions, Chinese five-spice powder and pak choi and continue stirring for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the noodles and mix well for 1-2 minutes until the noodles are hot.
- Mix in the beansprouts and soy sauce, cook for another minute and serve.
- Use rice noodles for a gluten-free version.
- Cut the spring onions at an angle for a more interesting shape.
- When making stir-fries prep all your ingredients first and have everything ready to throw into the wok.