- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Heat a flameproof casserole dish over high heat, spray lightly with olive oil and fry the lamb in batches until browned all over. Set aside.
- To the same casserole dish, add the onion, celery, carrots, garlic and rosemary and cook, adding a splash of water, until the vegetables have started to soften (approx. 10 minutes).
- Return the lamb to the casserole and add the Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes and bay leaves. Stir to combine and add 300ml water.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 45 minutes. Stir in the beans and cabbage, adding extra water as necessary.
- Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- You could make this dish with lean pork or beef.
- Try other beans such as borlotti, cannellini or haricot.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat in the oven or microwave until piping hot.