Our helpline provides rights-based information and support to make sure your child is happy and healthy at school (and that you know their rights).
Many parents find it difficult to get their voice heard about decisions or issues that affect their child’s health and education.
The Care in School Helpline is provided by specially selected and trained volunteers who will give you information about your child’s rights and support you to improve your child’s school experience. Many of them are parents of a child with Type 1 diabetes, so they understand the difficulties that parents can face.
Get in touch today
- Fill in our online form.
- Call Monday–Friday, 9am–7pm.
Once you've contacted us, one of our volunteers will be in touch within five working days.
As well as being a listening ear, our volunteers can talk you through your options, tell you where you can find additional information, draft emails/letters for you and help you navigate the school’s complaint’s process. We can also write to the school in support of your case.
"The Care in School Helpline is fantastic! Ollie’s school refused to allow him to attend the after school club. The service wrote to the head teacher for us and now they’ve employed 2 trained members of staff so he can attend. It’s an invaluable service for parents."
Will you be able to help me?
Parents contact us about a wide range of issues to do with their child’s experiences at school. If an issue comes up, and it’s related to their diabetes, then we can help. Here are just a few examples of the types of concerns parents have:
- My child has been told they can’t go on the school trip.
- My child isn’t allowed to snack in class when hypo.
- My school won’t provide any support to my child so I have to go into school to administer insulin.
- My child has to walk to the first-aid room when hypo.
Where can I get more support and information?
The Care in School Helpline is dedicated to supporting parents resolve issues they're having at their child’s school. We’re here to help so please get in touch, however small or large your concern.
The following services and resources may also be useful to you:
- Helpline – The Diabetes UK Helpline is a dedicated diabetes helpline for all people with diabetes, their friends, family, carers and healthcare professionals.
- Peer Support– Sometimes you need support from someone who knows exactly what you’re going through. Our Peer Support network connects people living with diabetes, and parents of children with diabetes, to share info, experience and support.
- Local support groups– We have family groups across the UK. Find a local Diabetes UK support group here.
- Advocacy Education Pack– If you don't need assistance but are confused about your rights and would like to advocate for yourself, our pack will help clarify your rights and the options available to you.
You can also connect with others on theDiabetes UK Support forum, an independent online community supported by Diabetes UK.
*Calls to 0345 numbers cost no more than calls to geographic (01 and 02) numbers and must be included in inclusive minutes on mobile phones and discount schemes. Calls from landlines are typically charged between 2p and 10p per minute while calls from mobiles typically cost between 10p and 40p per minute. Calls from landlines and mobiles to 0345 numbers are included in free call packages.Calls may be recorded for quality and training purposes.