We have a collection of useful resources to help support you in getting the best diabetes care in schools.
Type 1 diabetes at school: School Pack
This pack helps teachers understand what needs to be in place at school for children with Type 1.
- Order your free school pack
- Download your free school pack (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Download your free school pack in Welsh (PDF, 1.7MB)
Type 1 diabetes at school: Parent Pack
We can help you make sure your child gets the care they need at school so that their diabetes doesn't affect their learning.
- Order your free parent pack
- Download your free parent pack (PDF, 1.7MB)
- Download your free parent pack in Welsh (PDF, 1.8MB)
Residential school trips and exam tools
These packs will help you make sure your child will get what they need during exams and on school trips.
- Download your free Type 1 diabetes and exams pack (PDF, 324KB)
- Download your free School residential trip record (PDF, 1MB)
Sample Medical Conditions Policy
Children and Families Act 2014
The statutory guidance, Supporting pupils at school with medical conditions, is available to read on the Government website, Gov.uk.
Designed for a child to carry with them at school, the diabetes card (or ‘hypo card’) states that the child has diabetes and what to do if they have a low blood glucose level (hypoglycaemia).
Type 1 diabetes at school log book
Free downloadable presentations
Make the grade campaign presents a selection of free downloadable presentations for three audiences, allowing school staff, health care professionals or volunteers to provide up-to-date information to students or staff.