Diabetes Voices is our network for people who want to raise their voice to improve the lives of people living with diabetes across the UK. Our Diabetes Voices volunteers work with us to campaign and influence for improvements in diabetes services and care.
You have the power to improve diabetes services and care.
The support, training and information you receive will help you make a real impact. As a Diabetes Voice volunteer you will use your passion and experience to make a difference. It’s up to you to decide how you want to get involved and how much time you want to give. We will let you know about quick and easy actions, for example signing a petition, as well as activities that take a bit more time. Full details of what you can achieve being a Diabetes Voices volunteer can be found on our main Diabetes Voices page.
The Diabetes Voices team are available by email firstname.lastname@example.org and phone 020 7424 1008 to answer any queries. The majority of the time we’ll be able to help directly, but we’ll also be able to put you in touch with the right people to help you out in your area.
- We’ll be in regular contact with news, updates and feedback
- You’ll get expert advice and training to help you campaign for change
- Prior to lobbying events and meeting with politicians we’ll provide briefings so you’ll know what to do and you’ll have key messages and the policy context
- When you attend our events we’ll provide refreshments and accommodate your dietary and access requirements. We’ll also help you out with things like travel arrangements and you will be able to claim for agreed expenses so that you are not out of pocket.
- Sometimes we might call you to let you know about opportunities for you to get involved.
You can join today by completing our quick and easy online form. Once you’ve signed up we’ll send you a welcome pack to get you started. For more information about becoming a Diabetes Voices volunteer please look at the role description (Word, 156KB)
Because the role involves influencing your local MP or Parliamentary representatives, Diabetes Voices volunteers need to be of voting age (18 years+).