Our volunteers are at the heart of all we do. Without your support, we could not carry out vital work in research, education and care to help us reach our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
If you have the time, we have the knowledge, that together can help transform the lives of people living with or at risk of diabetes in the South East.
How to volunteer
If you would be interested in volunteering with us, please look at our:
- Raise awareness of diabetes and Diabetes UK as an Event Volunteer, through helping out at health awareness events or by hosting a local stall.
- Participate in the Speaker Scheme by delivering awareness talks and sharing information with the public.
- Join one of our local groups.
- Campaign through Diabetes Voices.
- Help us by fundraising.
- Attend training and networking events to develop your skills for your volunteer role.
And much more.
Our region covers:
Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East and West Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of White, Kent, Medway, Oxfordshire, and Surrey
- Read Catherine's story on becoming a type 1 Events Volunteer.
- Read Angie's story about finding support with her local group.
- Read Abdul's story on wanting to raise awareness as a Community Champion.
See our resources for volunteers for more information on how we support volunteers.