Friday 19 October 2018
Manchester Conference Centre, Sackville Street, M1 3BB
JDRF's Performance in Exercise and Knowledge (PEAK) programme and Exercising for Type 1 Diabetes (EXTOD) are again joining forces along with The Association of British Clinical Diabetologists (ABCD) to deliver a new and interactive one day meeting.
This impactful training programme is run exclusively for healthcare professionals and was created after a 2013 JDRF survey found that 36% of people living with Type 1 diabetes viewed exercising to be a challenge. The 2017 programme helped healthcare professionals to provide education and support around exercise and nutrition to their patients living with type 1 diabetes and the 2018 programme will aim to build on this knowledge and to offer another interactive experience for delegates.
- Speakers including Dr Rob Andrews, Dr Ian Gallen and Dr Parth Narendren
- Endocrine and metabolic responses to exercise in health and disease
- Strategies to control glucose before, during and after exercise
- Workshops to create strategies to help your patients exercise
- Update on Technology and how it can be used to help with manage glucose around exercise