Education For Health
Practical Diabetes: Support Self Management and Person Centred Care Workshop Monday 15th July 2019
Monday 15th July 2019
The Athenaeum, 10 Church Street, Warwick, CV34 4AB
If you want to develop effective diabetes care or would like to improve person-centred practice for patients with diabetes then this workshop is for you. The workshop is suitable for practice nurses, GPs and pharmacists on the front line of primary care.
Diabetes UK and Education for Health have come together to provide this workshop delivered by experienced clinicians, which offers a very pragmatic and practical approach to diabetes care.
Keeping the patient as a central focus, the programme will enable you to explore:
• The patient’s perspective of Type 2 diabetes
• Emotional support for people with diabetes: the skills and language clinicians can adopt
• The prevention of Type 2 diabetes
• How to target underlying causes of diabetes complications
• Diabetes remission – myth or reality?
• Self-management: the barriers and benefits
• Top tips to streamline the patient review