Diabetes Update is Diabetes UK's quarterly publication for professionals working in diabetes healthcare and research.
Combining news, features, fact sheets and treatment overviews, the magazine is an accessible source of authoritative, up-to-date information about diabetes care and research.
Diabetes Update is free of charge to Professional Members of Diabetes UK. As a Professional Member, you will also automatically receive our healthcare professional e-newsletter every month.
Current issue: Autumn 2013
To get a taste of what Diabetes Update has to offer, you can sample three key features from the latest issue.
Medicine Digest(PDF, 825KB)Risk factors for diabetic ketoacidosis
Diabetes in care homes(PDF, 210KB)Tackling the neglect
Fact file(PDF, 110KB)End of life care in diabetes
Content not available online
- Type 2 awareness campaign
- Pregnancy round-up
- Driving and diabetes
- YDEF skydiving day
- New Head of Healthcare Professional Engagement
- Impact of gastric bypass in Type 2
- Diabetes UK Fellowships
- Research opportunities
- The gene generation
- Tackling diabetes with telehealth
- Talking clinic – sexual dysfundtion and diabetes
- Young diabetologists and endocrinologists forum
- At your service – top tips for influencing commissioning
- Care delivery – introducing the National Severe Insulin Resistance Service
- Book Reviews – the biochemistry of diabetes and a psychology guide
- 23 September - 12 November 2013