Diabetes Update is Diabetes UK's quarterly publication for professionals working in diabetes healthcare and research.
Combining news, features, fact sheets and treatment overviews, the magazine is an accessible source of authoritative, up-to-date information about diabetes care and research.
Diabetes Update is free of charge to Professional Members of Diabetes UK. As a Professional Member, you will also automatically receive our healthcare professional e-newsletter every month.
Current issue: Autumn 2014
To get a taste of what Diabetes Update has to offer, you can sample some key features from the latest issue.
Commentary (PDF, 150KB)Type 1 diabetes: why it's important to keep raising its profile
Research (PDF, 7MB)Type 1 diabetes - causes and controversies
Campaigns (PDF, 4MB)Action on diabetes in school
Fact File (PDF, 75KB)Popular diets and Type 2 diabetes
Medicine Digest (PDF, 4MB)Missing out on statins?
Read the original referenced version published in Diabetic Medicine
Content not available online
- Letter from the Chief Executive
- New products
- Family-centred support
- Pharmacy risk assessment
- Information Prescriptions
- Hospital-based risk calculator
- Artificial pancreas
- Breakfast lowers Type 2 risk
- Comment "Real world data can provide insights into how the wider population responds to a treatment".
- Professor Jonathan Valabhji, National Clinical Director for Diabetes and Obesity
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Action on diabetes in school
- Type 1 diabetes - causes and controversies
- History of the insulin pen
- Psychological support for prevention of recurrent DKA
- Young diabetologists and endocrinologists' forum - registrar training survey
- Book review - understanding Type 2 diabetes
- Medicine digest - missing out on statins?Medicine digest - missing out on statins?
- Fact file - popular diets and Type 2 diabetes
- 22 September 2014 - 11 February 2014