Diabetes Update is Diabetes UK's quarterly publication for professionals working in diabetes healthcare and research.
Combining news, features, fact sheets and treatment overviews, the magazine is an accessible source of authoritative, up-to-date information about diabetes care and research.
Diabetes Update is free of charge to Professional Members of Diabetes UK. As a Professional Member, you will also automatically receive our healthcare professional e-newsletter every month.
Current issue: Spring 2014
To get a taste of what Diabetes Update has to offer, you can sample some key features from the latest issue.
Essential (PDF, 1MB)Eye screening: the national programme
Fact file (PDF, 70KB)New insulins
Q and A(PDF, 3MB)Focus on diabetic eye disease
Medicine Digest(PDF, 140KB) Young people with Type 1 - room for improvement
Content not available online
- Letter from the Chief Executive
- Diabetes UK is 80 years old
- Product Watch
- Electronic Prescriptions
- News in brief
- Stem cell update
- Diabetes at Ramadan
- Comment: "Clinical numbers do not tell us how a person is actually feeling and coping...."
- Support - using a traditional acupuncture to help manage diabetes
- Essentials - eye screening: the national programme
- Epidemiology - diabetes in the Middle East
- Policy - diabetes specialist nurses
- Young diabetologists and endocrinologists' forum - the nephrologists are doing it
- Book review - diabetic emergencies
- Medicine digest - young people with Type 1: room for improvement
- Young diabetologists and endocrinologists forum
- 14 April - 26 June 2014