Diabetes Update is Diabetes UK's quarterly publication for professionals working in diabetes healthcare and research.
Combining news, features, fact sheets and treatment overviews, the magazine is an accessible source of authoritative, up-to-date information about diabetes care and research.
Diabetes Update is free of charge to Professional Members of Diabetes UK. As a Professional Member, you will also automatically receive our healthcare professional e-newsletter every month.
Current issue: Summer 2014
To get a taste of what Diabetes Update has to offer, you can sample some key features from the latest issue.
Support (PDF, 2MB)Losing it in RIO - multidisciplinary weight management
Fact File (PDF, 70KB)Diabetes and dimentia
Education (PDF, 1MB)Debunking diabetes myths
Science (PDF, 2 MB)Bariatric surgery in diabetes - for and against
Medicine Digest (PDF, 640KB) Type 1 patients missing out on insulin pump therapy
Read the original referenced version published in Diabetic Medicine
Content not available online
- Letter from the Chief Executive
- Diabetes UK - Professional Conference
- Yellow Card update
- Product Watch
- News in brief
- Diabetes inpatient issues
- Neuropathy in the brain
- New light on overnight hypos
- Comment "A number of features of the diabetes scene in Wales make being a part of it a real pleasure'.
- David Nicholson - a personal view on diabetes education
- Education - debunking diabetes myths
- Support - losing it in RIO - multidisciplinary weight management
- Science - bariatric surgery in diabetes: for and against
- Policy - keeping the lid on diabetes costs
- Esentials - giving amputations the red card
- Young diabetologists and endocrinologists' forum - the evolving face of the YDEF
- Book review - fast facts: diabetes mellitus and prevention of diabetes
- Medicine digest - Type 1 patients missing out on insulin pump therapy
- Fact file - diabetes and dementia
- 10 June 2014 - 11 February 2015