Diabetes Update is Diabetes UK's quarterly publication for professionals working in diabetes healthcare and research.
Combining news, features, fact sheets and treatment overviews, the magazine is an accessible source of authoritative, up-to-date information about diabetes care and research.
Diabetes Update is free of charge to Professional Members of Diabetes UK. As a Professional Member, you will also automatically receive our healthcare professional e-newsletter every month.
Current issue: Winter 2013
To get a taste of what Diabetes Update has to offer, you can sample three key features from the latest issue.
Medicine Digest (PDF, 75KB) Introducing the National Pregnancy in Diabetes AuditRead the original referenced version published in Diabetic Medicine
Cover story (PDF, 170B)As part of a new Diabetes UK research project, Professor Roy Taylor at Newcastle University will use magnetic resonance imaging to understand how significant weight loss contributes to remission of Type 2 diabetes.Fact file (PDF, 85KB) Managing cardiovascular risk in daibetes
Content not available online
- 15 Healthcare Essentials
- The Big Collection Product Watch
- Diabetes in healthcare e-learning
- Improving Local Services Together
- Identifying adolescents at risk
- EASD Barcelona
- New research grants
- The direct route to Type 2 remission
- Diabetes and caribbean culture
- Community pharmacists take up Type 2 challenge
- Talking clinic – diabetes in disadvantaged and vulnerable groups
- Young diabetologists and endocrinologists forum
- At your service – integrating diabetes care in County Durham - the 3D project
- Care delivery – hypoglycaemia unawareness - a family affair
- Book Reviews – diabetes education and managing obesity in critical care
- 12 December 2013 - 13-17 June 2014