The latest resources and tools from Diabetes UK and other organisations that you may find useful on your leadership journey.
Communication and insights:
- Our colleagues at Leicester Diabetes centre explain the Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) model of communication in a YouTube video.
- A short guide giving an overview of the insights colour preference.
- Further information and resources on insights discovering.
- For a short guide giving an overview of the insights colour preference see here.
Influence and power:
- Learn more about situational leadership including pros and cons of the model.
- Read more about Cialdini six principles of influence.
- Take a short survey on MindTools to think about how strong your influencing skills are.
- Watch Simon Sinek describe the importance of starting with ‘Why?’ in his Ted Talk: How great leaders inspire action.
- Watch this short King’s Fund clip, exploring compassionate and inclusive leadership in the NHS.
- MindTools explain the the conscious competence ladder – the four stages of learning.
- MindTools explain imposter syndrome, the fear of inadequacy.
Coaching style conversations:
- Some useful questions to consider asking when using the GROW model in coaching style conversations.
Navigating the Financial Systems of the NHS
- Simon Sheppard, Finance Director, joins us to talk through the financial systems of the NHS and provides tips on writing a good business case.