The latest resources and tools from Diabetes UK and other organisations that you may find useful on your leadership journey.
Communication and insights
- Our colleagues at Leicester Diabetes centre explain the Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) model of communication in a YouTube video.
- A short guide giving an overview of the insights colour preference.
- Further information and resources on insights discovering.
- Watch Simon Sinek describe the importance of starting with ‘Why?’ in his Ted Talk: How great leaders inspire action.
- Find out more about the circle of influence (PDF, 145KB) by reading Stephen Covey's explanation.
- Watch this short King’s Fund clip, exploring compassionate and inclusive leadership in the NHS.
- MindTools explain imposter syndrome, the fear of inadequacy.
Coaching style conversations
- Some useful questions to consider asking when using the GROW model in coaching style conversations.
- Find out tips on how to make the most out of coaching conversations.
- Read this short article on getting the most out of your next coaching conversation.
Navigating the Financial Systems of the NHS
- Simon Sheppard, Finance Director, joins us to talk through the financial systems of the NHS and provides tips on writing a good business case.
- The four F’s of feedback.
Prize Terms and Conditions
- The terms and conditions for the Discovering Leadership Post-Programme Reflection Survey prize entry draw