Discovering Leadership programme
18 August - 15 December 2020
A free 5 month leadership development programme for those beginning their leadership journey. The Discovering Leadership programme helps you to discover how to develop as a leader and gain insight into your leadership potential.
In a world where healthcare is changing rapidly in response to the coronavirus pandemic, leading the changes we need to see in diabetes care is more important than ever.
Applications for this programme have now closed. If you would like more information or to express an interest in future Discovering Leadership programmes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you'll get:
- Insights into yourself as a leader and the impact you can make
- The confidence to influence others and make the changes you want to see
- Support with developing a project to improve diabetes care in your area
- The chance to connect with fellow leaders in the diabetes community
- Coaching support from peers and experts in leadership
- The opportunity to share good practice and ideas
Who it's for:
- Anyone wanting to better understand themselves as a leader
- Those seeking personal development in leadership
- Developing leaders looking to improve care and services for people living with diabetes
What you can expect:
- 4 hours per fortnight over 5 months (mostly self-directed time)
- A programme built to fit in with your schedule, with the flexibility to catch up with sessions at a time that works for you
- A combination of virtual live classrooms, group connection online and access to online materials to support your leadership development
- A network of peers to learn from, engage with and be inspired by
- Space to reflect. We provide the tools and support, you so the thinking
What your leadership journey will look like
Every 2 weeks you'll be invited to either a live classroom or be provided with online content to help you develop your leadership skills and projects.
Live, interactive classrooms take place in the evenings, lasting no more than 1.5 hours. Recordings will be made available for those times when life gets in the way.
You will also be encouraged to connect through peer groups. You can arrange these at times to suit your group.
- First session: Tuesday 18 August | 7 - 8.30pm | Live Connection and welcome
- Details of fortnightly sessions available on registration
- Final session: Tuesday 15 December 2020
Applications close Friday 7th August 2020 at 5pm. Places may be filled before this date so apply early to avoid disappointment.
What do people say about our courses for developing leaders?
"I feel much more confident to initiate change and drive services forward"
"Helped me immensely in motivating myself and understanding my team members more effectively"
This is a Diabetes UK project in collaboration with Novo Nordisk who are providing support and funding.