Innovator in Diabetes (IDia) is an exciting programme that aims to develop early career diabetes researchers as leaders in their field. IDia offers the chance to expand knowledge, gain new skills and network with other like-minded researchers.
The programme is sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry and has been running for over 10 years, building a network of excellent diabetes scientists.
IDia aims to create a vibrant diabetes research network and provide skills training not usually offered in a research environment. Through the programme, researchers will gain an understanding of different perspectives and backgrounds, both clinical and basic, and will benefit from continued support.
The IDia faculty, who developed and continue to lead the programme, is comprised of:
- Professor Richard Holt, University of Southampton
- Professor John Wilding, University of Liverpool
- Professor Finbarr O’Harte, Ulster University
- Professor Ines Barroso, University of Exeter
Successful applicants will attend an annual residential weekend for three years (please consider this commitment prior to applying). All costs associated with attending are covered (travel, accommodation and catering).
Applicants should be:
- At least six years post primary degree (BSc or first medical degree)
- A non-clinical or clinical researcher, including those involved in health services research, who are based in the UK
- Committed to diabetes research
- Commitment to diabetes research
- Grant awards and impact to date
- Publication history
- Supporting statement
How to apply
The IDia 2022 programme will take place on 26-28 September at Barnsdale Lodge, Oakham.
Applications are now open. Please complete and return the application form (Word, 65KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is Tuesday 3rd May 2022.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about the IDia Programme.