Our Good Diabetes Care in School Award is back.
This prestigious award, the only such honour that Diabetes UK offers, is a fantastic way to demonstrate the great care provided to children with diabetes in school.
We celebrate the schools that work with parents and healthcare professionals to ensure children with diabetes have as easy an experience at school as possible.
Whether you’re a parent, care, member of school staff of healthcare professional, you can nominate a school.
It only takes a few minutes to nominate. If your school is successful they can join over 200 other schools that have been awarded this honour in the last two years.
Our first round of nominations will run from Monday 8th October until midday Friday 26th October.
Nominated schools will then be able to apply between Monday 5th November to Friday 7th December.
The next rounds to run in 2019 will be announced soon.
What your school will get
- A beautiful trophy, which is valid for two years.
- Use of the Good Diabetes Care in School Award logo on all your print and digital stationery.
- Feature on the Diabetes UK Honour Wall.
- An opportunity for positive local media attention about your school’s achievements.
- Ongoing support from us to help with best practice and updated methods of care.
What happens after I've made a nomination?
Once the nomination phase closes at the end of October, we will contact the school informing them of their nomination. We'll then invite them to apply for the award.
We won't be collecting personal data, names or details of any children who attend the school.
However, we will ask you to provide data about the school. We'll only use this data for the purposes of the award