Our Good Diabetes Care in School Award is now closed for this academic year. The award will re-open in October 2019.
This prestigious award, the only such honour that Diabetes UK offers, is a fantastic way to demonstrate the great care provided to children with diabetes in school.
We celebrate the schools that work with parents and healthcare professionals to ensure children with diabetes have as easy an experience at school as possible.
Whether you’re a parent, care, member of school staff of healthcare professional, you can nominate a school.
It only takes a few minutes to nominate. If your school is successful they can join over 200 other schools that have been awarded this honour in the last two years. We're delighted to add the list of successful schools for 2019 towards the bottom of the page.
Remember by taking part, your school be recognised as setting a great standard of care. They will also get:
- A beautiful trophy, which is valid for two years.
- Use of the Good Diabetes Care in School Award logo on all your print and digital stationery.
- Feature on the Diabetes UK Honour Wall.
- An opportunity for positive local media attention about your school’s achievements.
- Ongoing support from us to help with best practice and updated methods of care.
What happens after I've made a nomination?
Once the nomination phase closes, we will contact the school informing them of their nomination. We'll then invite them to apply for the award.
We won't be collecting personal data, names or details of any children who attend the school.
However, we will ask you to provide data about the school. We'll only use this data for the purposes of the award