Diabetes UK and Tesco are delighted to be working together to help support people affected by and at risk of diabetes through a National Charity Partnership.
So far, more than £14 million has been raised to fund a number of projects and initiatives, including:
- Investing £4m into ground-breaking research into a vaccine for Type 1 diabetes
- Helping to develop future diabetes research leaders through a new clinical fellowship
- Running a series of free events for people recently diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes – our Living with Diabetes Days will provide life-changing support to 10,000 people
- Providing support to families to ensure children with Type 1 get the care they need while at school through our Make the Grade campaign
- Helping more than 150,000 people to have their risk checked for Type 2 diabetes
- Launching Enjoy Food, which provides practical information and advice to help individuals and families affected by diabetes to shop, cook and eat.