- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the onion and garlic and fry for 1 minute. Add the chicken and continue to fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and coat with the oil. Gradually add the hot stock, stirring continuously, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next.
- Stir in the asparagus and peas with the last addition of stock and continue to cook. The whole cooking process should take about 20 minutes and the rice should be 'al dente'.
- Stir through the Parmesan cheese and parsley, season well and serve.
- Keep your stock hot in another pan so that when you add it to the dish it doesn’t lower the temperature and stop the rice cooking.
- For a veggie alternative, leave out the Parmesan cheese, add 200g mushrooms rather than chicken and use vegetable stock.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout.