In order to help raise awareness of Type 1 diabetes in schools, Diabetes UKMake the grade campaignpresents a selection of free downloadable presentations for three audiences, allowing school staff, health care professionals or volunteers to provide up-to-date information to students or staff. They are based on the presentations developed by David Bailey, a former Head Teacher and volunteer for Diabetes UK.
- Presentation for Primary Schools (PowerPoint): This presentation explains what Type 1 diabetes is in simple terms to primary school students.
- Presentation for Secondary Schools (PowerPoint): This presentation explains what Type 1 diabetes is and what you have to do to look after it. It is aimed at secondary school students.
- Presentation for school staff (PowerPoint): This presentation explains what Type 1 diabetes is, what you have to do to look after it and the support that all schools should be providing. It is aimed at school staff.
Other useful tools:
- What is diabetes? A children's guide video
- Hands up for Good Diabetes Care in school video
- Make the grade campaign
- Order or download your school or parent pack
- Responsibilities of Headteachers, School Governers and Responsible bodies
- Information for teens
- My Life - information for children
- Diabetes in schools - school staff information