In order to help raise awareness of Type 1 diabetes in schools, Diabetes UKMake the grade campaignpresents a selection of free downloadable presentations for three audiences, allowing school staff, health care professionals or volunteers to provide up-to-date information to students or staff. They are based on the presentations developed by David Bailey, a former Head Teacher and volunteer for Diabetes UK.
- Presentation for Primary Schools: This presentation explains what Type 1 diabetes is in simple terms to primary school students.
- Presentation for Secondary Schools: This presentation explains what Type 1 diabetes is and what you have to do to look after it. It is aimed at secondary school students.
- Presentation for school staff: This presentation explains what Type 1 diabetes is, what you have to do to look after it and the support that all schools should be providing. It is aimed at school staff.
Presentation for primary schools(PowerPoint, 37.6MB)
Presentation for secondary schools(PowerPoint, 56.8MB)
Presentation for school staff(PowerPoint, 63.2MB)
Other useful tools:
- What is diabetes? A children's guide video
- Hands up for Good Diabetes Care in school video
- Make the grade campaign
- Order or download your school or parent pack
- Responsibilities of Headteachers, School Governers and Responsible bodies
- Information for teens
- My Life - information for children
- Diabetes in schools - school staff information
- Additional campaign materials