Cookies are a great treat to have after dinner or even as a snack. Why not make some with your family and friends?
Download the recipe as featured in My Life magazine (PDF, 895KB).
Makes 30 cookies – prep: 10 mins – cook: 12–15 mins
- 100g margarine
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 225g plain flour
- 50g oats
- 50g dried cranberries or chopped, dried apricots or raisins (for a special treat, try some chocolate chips)
How to make:
- In a large bowl beat together the margarine and sugar. Beat in the egg and then stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Form the mixture into a dough, then place walnut sized pieces on a baking sheet and press down with a fork.
- Bake at 180°C/gas 4 for 12–15 mins until golden. Cool, then serve with a glass of milk. Yummy!
Each cookie contains:
78Kcal – 1.2g protein – 11.3 carbs (4g sugars) - 3.1 fat (0.7g saturates) – 0.08g salt