Perfect for a snack at home or on the go, this tasty popcorn is easy and super fun to make!
Makes 10 bags – Prep: 5 mins – Cook: 3 mins
What you need
- 75g popping corn
- juice and grated zest of 1 orange
- 3 tsp granulated sweetener
How to make the popcorn
- Ask an adult to heat a large, deep saucepan with a lid using the hob.
- Add half of the popping corn and cover.
- Shake regularly (ask an adult to help you) and after 2-3 minutes you’ll hear the corn start to pop! Keep shaking until the popping stops.
- Put the popped corn into a large bowl and pick out any corn that hasn’t popped. Do the same again until all your corn is done.
How to make the topping
- Add the orange juice, ginger and sweetener to another saucepan and ask an adult to help you heat it until the sweetener has dissolved.
- Carry on stirring the mixture until it starts to bubble and boil, then heat for 2-3 minutes until it becomes sticky.
- Stir in the orange zest and add the popcorn. Stir until all of the popcorn is coated in the topping.
- Spread onto a tray and leave to dry completely before putting into bags.
Each bag contains: 31kcal – 0.8g protein – 6.2g carbs (0.8g sugars) – 0.2g fat (0g saturates) – 0.01g salt