Cool down with this fruity frozen treat!
Serves 4 – takes 25 mins to make (plus freezing time)
- 450g strawberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 250g plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint
How to make
- Ask a grown-up to cut the strawberries into small pieces, put them in a saucepan with the lemon juice and sugar, then warm them gently. Mix them well with a wooden spoon.
- Here comes the fun part: as the sugar dissolves and the mixture warms up, mash the strawberries with the back of a wooden spoon. Ask a grown-up to help.
- Put a cover over the strawberries and leave them to cool. Then, mix the yogurt and mint in a bowl, and add the strawberries.
- Spoon the mixture into a tub or plastic ice-lolly moulds and ask a grown-up to put them in the freezer for at least three hours, or until the next morning.
- When you're ready to try them, take the yogurt out and serve in a bowl or even a cone. Yummy!
If you're using ice-lolly moulds, ask a grown-up to dip them in warm water to make it easy to get them out.
Each serving (186g) contains:
Not including cone: 101Kcal – 4.6g protein – 17.1g carbs
16.9g sugars) –
2g fat – (