- Add the oil to a pan, then add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly until browned.
- Add the mince and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring regularly and breaking up any clumps.
- Now add the red and green peppers, cumin, oregano and chilli powder, and the tomatoes. Mix well, bring to a boil, then turn the heat right down and simmer gently for 7-8 minutes.
- Add the beans, mix well and bring back to a simmering boil.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas in a dry frying pan, makings ure each side gets 30 seconds contact with the hot pan.
- Lay out the tortillas, add a handful of salad to each, then a spoonful of the turkey mixture. Add a little of the cheese and then fold into a tight, neat parcel, wrap in foil and serve.
- You can add more chilli powder if you like your burritos hot.
- Substitute the turkey mince for chicken or lamb.