- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Wash the aubergines, prick them several times and put them, whole, onto a baking tray. Bake for 30–35 minutes until they are soft to the touch then remove and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, add oil to a pan and heat the onions slowly over a low heat for 25 minutes. Stir frequently until soft and start to brown.
- Scoop out the flesh from the aubergines with a spoon, then blend until smooth along with the tahini, lemon juice, garlic and yogurt.
- Stir through the onions and coriander.
- Place into lettuce leaves and arrange on a plate with the cherry tomatoes then sprinkle with chilli.
- Try with different herbs such as mint or dill.
- Great for spreading onto sandwiches with salad for a speedy snack or use as a dip with crudités or wholemeal pitta fingers.