- Put the rice in a small saucepan with 75ml of boiling water, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Leave to stand with the lid on for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the oil to a saucepan, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken strips and chopped peppers. Stir for 4 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the garlic, chilli, cumin and oregano. Mix together for another minute. Stir in the spinach and the cooked rice. Mix well.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry frying pan or in the microwave for 30 seconds. Lay them out on a board and spread the centre of each tortilla with the cream cheese. Divide the chicken and rice mixture between them and roll up, tucking in the sides, to form a neat parcel. Roll the parcel up tightly in foil, twisting the ends so they are easy to hold. Serve with salad.
- For a vegetarian burrito, use mushrooms instead of chicken.
- You could use strips of turkey or beef with this dish instead of chicken.