- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (except the cod), season with black pepper, bring to the boil, leave uncovered and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Lay the cod on top of the sauce, cover, and continue to simmer for a further 15 minutes until the fish is cooked. Remove the bay leaves.
- This recipe also works well with salmon, fresh tuna or haddock.
- To spice the dish up, add 2 cloves crushed garlic and 1 tsp smoked paprika to the tomato sauce.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout.