- Add the coffee and water to an 8 cup cafetiere mix well, cover (but do not plunge) and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or overnight.
- Mix well then allow to settle for a few minutes. Plunge the cafetiere then leave to stand for a few more minutes before pouring the coffee into a large jug.
- Dissolve sweetener tablets, as preferred, into the coffee then mix in the milk if using and add some ice cubes.
- Pour into glasses packed with ice cubes and serve sprinkled with a little cocoa powder.
- Coarser ground coffee is better for cold-brewing.
- If you don’t have a cafetiere you can just strain the coffee through muslin or a paper coffee filter.
- You could just make coffee as normal and chill it down if short of time.