- Preheat the oven to 180°/gas 4.
- Oil the loaf tin and set aside.
- To a bowl add the eggs, oil, vanilla extract and sweetener, then beat together well.
- Mix in the courgettes then stir in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Place in the baking tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until firm to the touch.
- To test if the cake is cooked insert a small, sharp knife into the middle, if it comes out clean the cake is cooked. If there is uncooked mixture sticking to the knife it needs a little longer.
- Try using yellow courgettes for a different coloured cake.
- For a spicier version, add 2 teaspoons of mixed spice along with the cinnamon.
- Freezing instructions: Slice then wrap in foil to freeze (you can then use slices as required).