- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-low heat. Roughly chop the broccoli (reserving 12 florets to add to the pasta water in the last few minutes of cooking), and sauté with the garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stock, season with pepper, and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is cooked.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, stir through the crème fraiche or vegan cream, basil and lemon juice, and blend.
- When the pasta and broccoli florets are al dente, drain, divide between four bowls and pour the sauce on top.
- Serve with some lemon zest and torn basil leaves.
Make a spicier, lower-fat version of this dish by substituting the vegan cream/crème fraiche for 150g tinned chopped tomatoes and add a deseeded, chopped red chilli when sauteeing the garlic.