- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Add 1 tsp of the oil to a pan over a low-medium heat, add the onions and gently brown for 3-4 minutes, turning regularly. Set aside.
- Coat the lamb in flour and add the remaining oil to the pan. Cook for 2-3 mins on each side.
- Return the onions to the pan, add the garlic, rosemary and oregano. Stir in the stock and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and pepper.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and cook for 45-50 minutes. Garnish with a little fresh rosemary and serve.
- You could cook the whole dish on the hob if you prefer – just simmer gently for 45-50 minutes. Take care not to boil dry so add a little water if required.
- Works well with skinless chicken thighs.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.