- Heat the oil in a large pan then add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes until starting to brown.
- Add the chicken chunks and cook a further 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly to make sure the chicken cooks evenly.
- Add the red and yellow peppers and stir another 2 minutes then add the garlic, ginger, chili and tomato purée and mix well.
- Now add the rice and mix again, stirring for a minute to coat all the rice with the tomato purée mixture.
- Add the stock and tomatoes and mix well, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Scatter the okra on top of the rice, replace the lid and simmer a further 5 minutes.
- Now turn off the heat but don’t remove the lid and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Add the coriander, mix well and serve.
- You could make this dish with lamb, beef, pork or turkey
- For a vegetarian/vegan version try adding chunks of courgette, aubergine and marinated tofu in place of chicken and use a vegetable stock cube.
- For a seafood version use a fish stock cube and add cubes of salmon or some prawns along with the okra.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Chill quickly. Defrost in the fridge and reheat thoroughly until piping hot throughout. Eat immediately and discard any leftovers.