- Rinse the split peas and add to a pan with boiling water to fully cover them. Simmer for 40 minutes, then drain.
- Meanwhile, add the oil to a pan with the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, butternut squash and curry paste, then cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the tomatoes and water, mix well, then bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover, then leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the aubergine, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next, add the okra, mix well, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes, before add the spinach and mix again. Cover and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Check the split peas are tender then drain and add to the pan along with the coriander and yogurt. Mix well and serve scattered with pomegranate, cucumber, spring onion and chilli.
- Try using other vegetables such as carrots, courgettes, mushrooms, peppers and any type of squash.
- For a vegan version, use a non-dairy yogurt or oat-based cream alternative in place of yogurt.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked, without the toppings. Defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot throughout.