- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onions and stir until lightly browned.
- Add the mushrooms and minced beef and stir for 4-5 minutes breaking up any clumps of meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add the diced carrot and sweet potato, sprinkle with the flour and mix well. Stir in the tomato puree, pepper and thyme.
- Stir in the stock, bring to the boil, cover with the pan lid, reduce the heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the carrots are tender. Add the peas, stir and place the mixture in an ovenproof dish.
- Spray a little oil onto the filo sheets and put slightly ‘scrunched’ layers on top of the beef mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the pastry is lightly browned. Serve with steamed carrots, corn and broccoli.
- You could use any mince, such as turkey, or meat alternative (e.g. soya) for this dish.
- For a gluten-free version, use gluten-free flour to thicken the sauce and top with very thinly sliced sweet potato rather than the filo. You'll need to increase the cooking time to 15 minutes.