- Add the oil to a pan over a medium heat, then add the shallots, stirring regularly for 5 mintues until browned.
- Add all the mushrooms and turn up the heat a little. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms are soft and any liquid from them has evaporated.
- Add the garlic and pepper, cook for another minute, then add the soy sauce and parsley, mix, then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Put the mushrooms on a chopping board and chop finely, then add to a bowl with the cream cheese, mix and refrigerate. Serve with toast.
- This pâté also makes 15–20 great canapés. For wheat-free canapés, try using baked baby potatoes – cut cooked potatoes in half, scoop out a little of the potato flesh, then fill the centre with pâté.
- For a gluten-free pâté, use reduced-salt, gluten- free tamari in place of the soy sauce in this recipe.
- Freezing instructions: Defrost in the fridge to serve.