- Sift the plain flour into a bowl.
- Add the beaten egg, then gradually beat in the skimmed milk to make a smooth batter.
- Leave to stand for 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Lightly oil a hot pan. Add 2-3 tbsp batter and swirl it gently to spread out thinly round the pan. Leave for 30-40 seconds, it should form a crust on the edges and the pancake will bubble in the middle
- Cook for 1-2 minutes then toss or flip and cook the other side for 1 minute or until golden.
- To keep pancakes warm, put a plate onto a saucepan of very gently simmering water, add the pancakes and cover with another plate.
- Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.