- Preheat oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Add rhubarb to a microwave/oven-proof dish with the water. Cover with cling film, pierce, then microwave for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of sweetener. Add more if needed according to taste.
- Add the eggs to a bowl with the yogurt and oil, then beat well.
- Stir in the flour, ginger, baking powder and remaining sweetener.
- Beat in the milk to create a batter, then pour it over the rhubarb. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden on top.
- Experiment with other fruits such as apples, pears, apricots or frozen berries.
- Try adding other spices such as cinnamon or mixed spice - especially good with apple.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge and reheat until piping hot.