- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6. Place the onion and mince in a medium frying pan and fry for 5-6 minutes until the mince has browned.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the red peppers and cheese, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place the pepper halves in an ovenproof dish, divide the mixture between them and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook for 45 minutes until the peppers are tender.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes until the cheese is golden.
- You could use this mince to stuff hollowed out rings of marrow or large flat mushrooms.
- Minced lamb, pork, turkey or vegetarian meat alternative also work well with this recipe.
- Freezing instructions: Suitable for freezing once cooked. Defrost in the fridge or microwave and reheat until piping hot throughout.